Training for First Responders and Field Staff
CSS technical experts prepare and deliver essential training and information addressing worker safety and environmental hazards.
Delivering Classroom and Hands-on Training to First Responders and Field Staff
Preparing and Communicating Technical Information that Combines Best Practices, Agency Guidance, and CSS’ Extensive Field Experience
Emergency response events and hazardous sites present specific health and safety and technical challenges. CSS technical experts prepare and deliver essential information addressing worker safety and environmental hazards.
- We provided hands-on training at the EPA On-Scene Coordinator (OSC)/Support Personnel Radiation/Nuclear Response course. For this event, we set up a field Personnel Decontamination processing line and assisted course participants as they dressed in self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBAs) and disposal personal protective clothing.
- We developed and facilitated a three-day Chemical Agent Workshop to expand response capabilities following a Chemical Agent incident. Staff coordinated with EPA to prepare all materials for the training, which covered the basic chemistry of chemical agents, laboratory capability and availability, equipment demonstration, availability of internal EPA resources, air monitoring, and more.
- We trained 119 emergency response personnel during the Border HAZMAT Technical Training and led exercises and field demonstrations. We also developed equipment Quick Start Guides for students.
- We coordinated translation services for 60 attendees, as well as associated presentation materials, during the multi-day US-Mexico BiNational Knowledge Exchange and Tabletop Exercise.
- We supported EPA training exercises for natural disasters by preparing handbooks, forms, and other materials used by participants during the exercises.
CSS also supports logistics for training events and meetings. Staff research appropriate facilities, produce training materials and agendas; support registration; organize equipment and presenters; provide meeting facilitators, note takers, and translators (if needed); prepare After-Action Reports; and issue certificates to attendees.
Analysis for Coastal Operational Resiliency
CSS assisted with planning and executing a demonstration of three decontamination technologies on a USCG vessel contaminated with a benign surrogate for anthrax.
Ecologically Sound Offshore Wind Development
CSS helps set the standards for suitability modeling for offshore wind development, and assists in meeting regulatory standards for environmental resource protection.
IT Support to NOAA Fisheries
Our IT services support included developing and integrating information management systems central to NOAA Fisheries’ management and protection of living marine resources and their habitats
Emergency Preparedness & Response
We help our clients prepare for and protect the health and environment of communities after disasters and hazmat releases.
Environmental Resource Assessment & Management
We apply science to address challenges affecting the nation’s natural resources.
Satellite Data Applications
Helping create a more environmentally sustainable, weather-ready, and secure nation through application of earth observation data
Our IT solutions meet clients’ evolving needs.
Earth & Space Science Support & Operations
We deliver scientific support to advance our clients’ research goals.
Safety, Health, & Environmental
We provide our clients with tools to protect their workforce, the public, and the environment.
Facilities Operations & Maintenance
We understand your facility support needs and deliver customized solutions.
Get in touch
Contact us to learn more about our projects, capabilities, solutions, and service offerings.